How it Works
Research has shown that youth behavior change can be
dramatically influenced by the right messaging.
Natural High offers easy, effective, and fun ways for a community of
educators, mentors, and parents to deliver protective measures in a relevant
way for today through storytelling.
Our Substance Abuse Education Resources Are Always Free And Easy To Use.
Our Program is simple and can be summarized in three basic steps
Watch A Natural High Video
Discuss Together as a group
Go Deeper Through fun activities
Storytelling is powerful. And effective. Our 4-6 minute videos are dynamic, high-quality, and personal stories that deliver life-changing messages to students. Research has shown that youth behavior change can be dramatically influenced by the right messaging.
- Many teachers and parents start with our Playlists, where we select a series of Storytellers for you to follow.
- Individual stories can be used as well, targeting your audience with storytellers that they can relate to. We have over 40 Storytellers and each is packaged to be used as a standalone or in a series.
- We recommend teachers and parents ask their child or students to pick a Storyteller from the list.
- You can share the videos every day for a week campaign, or spread them out over the year. With over 40 Storytellers, they can be used weekly throughout the entire year in Advisory or Homeroom. For parents, we recommend having a low-pressure Sunday night watch and discuss after dinner. Even if it’s sort of awkward, it’s valuable time for life lessons to go deep.
- It’s easy- just hit “play”. (4-7 minutes)
This is where the ‘good stuff’ happens. After watching a video we make it easy for you to facilitate a thoughtful conversation with our discussion guides. We give you what you need to ask meaningful questions and draw all students or children into a dialogue about the story they just watched. You can also make up your own questions, of course.
- Discussions can last a whole period or pre-dinner session and help drive the lessons home. (20 minutes plus)
We’ve designed interactive ways to go deeper into concepts shown by the storytellers in the videos. Each story has specific activities tied to the story that naturally follow the discussion. We also have a whole library of activities that can be used after any storyteller video.
- Common Core Aligned All activities are aligned to Common Core Standards and The National Health Education Standards and are written directly to a student audience.
- Designed to be homework. (40-60 min)
- Some parents skip this step or pick and choose Activities.
Sign up to receive relevant, research-based articles each week in your inbox to guide you to the right conversations and activities to engage your kid or your students.
Want to Learn More?
Our Resources are ALWAYS FREE and Easy to Use. Learn more about…
- 40+ inspiring videos from celebrity storytellers that
kids admire and trust
- Essential tips on how to talk to tweens and
teens about drug and alcohol abuse
- Educator resources also great for youth leaders and community partners.
- Case studies and our program in action.
- Discussion questions and activities for deeper engagement
- The science behind prevention and the work we do
Ready to make a radical impact on the kids in your life?
Join thousands of parents and teachers and sign up for the Natural High Essentials emails.
Designed to help you change the lives of your student or child.
- Weekly relevant articles with key insights
- Actionable exercises and activities you can do with your kids/students
- The latest research on neuroscience, adolescent development, and prevention
- Simple strategies that educators and families can use to build better relationships with their kid(s)
- The most effective ways to break through and teach meaningful life lessons
“I have been an intermediate school counselor for 27 years and I’m especially impressed with your product. I have shown it school wide for the past two years. Keep up the great work!!!”Beverly, Counselor, California
“I've been a school counselor for 13 years, and this is the first time I have shown a video that captured every student’s attention... It also captured the attention of the teachers, who had planned on getting paperwork done.”Counselor, River Springs Middle School, Florida
“It is the best anti-drug message I've seen in 10 years of education. The students respond to the real people's testimonials. They can relate to it, which is imperative.”Educator, North Carolina
“This program is better than any drug use prevention program that I have seen in 32 years of teaching. Thank you!”Health Teacher, Pennsylvania
“Natural High really is the best anti-drug material I’ve seen in almost 30 years of education.”Middle School Counselor, Virginia